Silver Creek Sportsplex follows the basic rules of play as described by FIFA, USSF and USYSA with adaptations and exceptions as noted. See below for the complete rulebook.
Brief Overview of Gameplay Rules
- Roster Size: Limit 18 players on a roster, for all divisions, mens, womens and coed.
- Official Team: An official team shall consist of 7 players (6 field players and 1 goalie) on the Large Field. No more than the 18 rostered players may represent a team during any single game for Men's, Women's, or Coed leagues.
- Roster Restrictions: NO Player may play on more than 1 team in each division. Each player must be on the roster in able to participate in the match.
- Check-In: Prior to each game, all players must check in with the front check-in desk. The game officials will then verify each player’s identity by checking against the main roster. Late arriving players must still check-in at the desk upon arrival and get a game pass to be handed to the official before they may participate.
- Ready to Play: A team must be on the playing area with a minimum of four (4) players at game time. The line-up must be recorded on the official scorecard. A team will not be considered as "ready to play" unless they have four (4) players.
- Claiming a Forfeit: In indoor soccer games, the team present and "ready to play" within five minutes of the scheduled start of the game, may claim a win by forfeit by recording their line up, and stating "forfeit" on the official scorecard. The game will be counted as 3-0.
- Game: A regulation game shall consist of two 25-minute halves. There will be no time outs and the clock will run continuous. There will be a two-minute break between halves.
- Ties: In the event of a tie during the regular season, the game will end in a tie. During the single elimination playoff, a five (5) minute golden goal over-time period will be played. Teams will be limited to 5 players per side during this overtime period, 4 and a goalie. The first team to score will be declared the winner. If the game is still tied after the 5-minute period, each team will have a series of three penalty shots. Teams will alternate kicks. If the game is still tied at the end of the alternating penalty shots, a sudden death shoot-out will occur with each team taking one shot per round until one-team scores and the other team fails to score.
- Offsides: There will be no off sides in indoor soccer, except on kickoff—you may not move beyond the halfline until after the ball is kicked.
Additional Field Area Rules:
- Ball play is permitted ONLY on the fields. No kicking, bouncing, throwing, hitting or rolling balls of any kind outside the arenas/rinks.
- No outside balls permitted in the facility. If balls are found they will be confiscated.
- Only players and coaches are permitted on the benches.
- Chewing tobacco, chewing gum, sunflower seeds, and food of any kind are not permitted on fields or in player boxes.
- It is the players’/coaches’ responsibility to check the bench following your game for water and debris. Please clean up any mess.
- Glass container, food, and beverages are not allowed on the field. Spills jeopardize safety.